Talking about games, who does not wish to play? They are an integral part of our lives and whether kids or adults, none can refrain from it.
They are both a part of recreation and a great form of being physically fit and even getting rewarded.
Games also teach us about many ethics and values which even help us later in life.
Many a times the importance and benefits of playing games gets unnoticed and it is thus significant that one keeps in mind the following points. Let us take a look here…
Points to ponder while playing games
- The main constituents of any game is to reach a target, follow the set rules, face trials and tests and have proper interface.
- Games also help to stimulate the decision making skills and allow to take challenges.
- There are varieties of games, such as games that require devices, bound by a few rules to be followed, need special skill sets. There are indoor and outdoor games, online games, video console gaming, some teach us about coordination and attention to detail, some require role play, a few that teach us about playing as a team, etc.
- A few games are also a part of sports and playing sports makes a person physically active and fit as it is a form of physical exercise and stimulates the whole body movement.
Benefits of playing games
- By playing games one can enhance the retention power and even stimulate the competitive spirit.
- Teaches about coordination and even brings out creativity.
- Playing games is a great source of learning and one can learn from it regularly.
- It helps in reducing the stress levels which are generally higher in the present scenario.
- Playing games in groups also help us to increase our socializing skills and keeps us in sync with others.
- With the intention of reaching a goal, we make conscious and deliberate effort to be more focussed, which helps us in improving our attention power.
- Games are a good way to teach one to accept defeat in life and even face hardships.
Good health is the key to a happy and successful life and games in the form of sports or in other forms teaches one, skills which are required later to face a tougher life. Thus games make you a lot stronger, independent and helps in facing the world with full rigour.
They even make you accustomed to the bitter taste of defeat and also builds the morale and prepares you to be even more determined and taste victory. So, it is truly said "All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy"!
Talking about games, who does not wish to play? They are an integral part of our lives and whether kids or adults, none can refrain from it. They are both a part of recreation and a great form of being physically fit and even getting rewarded. Games also teach us about many ethics and values…